Sunday 12 June 2011

LETTERS OF NOTE

Stumbled upon a great website today called Letters of Note, the contents of which is pretty self explanatory. This is one which Bruce Springsteen wrote to his "Landlordess" apologising for his late rent, just months before the release of the album Born to Run which would later be ranked number 18 on Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time. IF ONLY HE KNEW. Pretty sure today this letter would sell for about sixty times as much as the rent.

























Dear Landlordess,

This is the only water bill I have. I think there was one other but it wasn't much and I took care of it myself. Anyway they haven't sent any notices so I guess it's OK.

Sorry the rent is late this month but I forgot to tell the office in N.Y. that they were gonna send it out. If you don't have it now it's in the mail and should arrive tomorrow or the next day.

Your ever gracious tenant

Bruce Springsteen

P.S. Do you like this classy writin paper?

P.P.S. I'm practicing my autograph. Whadya think?

For other letters of brilliance click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment