Tuesday 14 June 2011

HIGH LINE PARK, NEW YORK






In June 2008, after years of dilapidation and disuse, the West Side Line of Manhattan was reopened to the public as High Line Park. The park sits on the former railroad track spanning a mile over the Meat Packing district, and offers elevated views of the skyline as well as of the Hudson River. I've never been to New York. But this is one of the coolest things I've ever seen (along with the new Heinz Beans Fridge Pack. I still maintain I thought of that.) A tiny green ray of hope in the grey of New York (R.E. GCSE has softened me up, fuck the haters). If you're lucky enough to be going in the near future it's definitely worth a visit. It also gets bonus points for running under the uber cool sister of the Chateau Marmont, the Standard Hotel. Considering hitchhiking. I'll find a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment